Portrait Challenge



I tried this challenge before, but I wasn't that successful, so I thought: why do you not try it again? 

 Note: I won't upload every portrait singly (I already drew 3 ones, but I'm not really satisfied with the second one, so I don't post it yet). But, if I succeed in this challenge (hopefully), I will upload a picture including every portrait I created - a collage of a sort. ;)

Enough with the jaw, let's start :D.

The following portrait was actually the first one (above is the third):


It doesn't precisely look like me, but I am still quite happy about how it turned out. :)

However, the main thing is that I practise a lot and learn something about the light and shadow ratio in the face and how the human head itself is constructed. 

 Furthermore, to draw a portrait with the aid of a plain mirror or in general from real life is pretty much the most difficult thing which you can think about when drawing.
So, reproducing my face is just a minor matter ;).

That's it for now with the challenge ~


Some more doodlings:





 Quote of the post:

 The aim of art is to represent not the outward appearance of things, 
but their inward significance.

Aristotle


6 comments:

  1. Super schön! Leider liegt mir das digitale einfach gar nicht, ich bekomme das nie so hin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, deine Bilder sind wirklich wahnsinnig gut! Respekt :)

    http://some-kind-of-trouble.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow du kannst toll zeichnen. dein blog ist wirklich schön.
    ich mache im moment eine blogvorstellungs-aktion. vielleicht hast du ja lust mitzumachen. ich denke du hättest gute chancen. 5-10 blogs werden ausgewählt.
    http://www.strangenessandcharms.blogspot.de/2012/07/win-blog-presentation.html

    lg
    dahi

    ReplyDelete
  4. das erste bild ist einfach nur genial gezeichnet♥ Riiiichtig schön!:)
    Lust mir zu folgen?: http://sweet-kisses-lie.blogspot.de

    LG

    ReplyDelete