TRADITIONAL ART - Etching - The Empress


Category:

Traditional Art - Original Art - Drawing (etching)
Time:ca. 20 hours
Tools:etching needle, copper plate, laid paper



This is the print of an etching I did for my studies.








We didn't have any presets of what to depict on the copper plate, so I chose a topic which got me very interested at the moment: esotericism.

I tried to create an own interpretation of the Tarot card "The Empress" which is also my very own personality card.
To be more specific: it is the third trump or Major Arcana card in traditional Tarot decks.

Here you can see some steps of the etching itself:









Since etching is a really fine and irreversible procedure, I firstly drew a template onto the plate - just to make sure.

Last but not least, some more close-ups of the final printed version:






Follow on Bloglovin

4 comments:

  1. Finde deinen Blog sehr schön, obwohl ich mit Kunst & Co eigentlich überhaupt nichts am Hut habe.
    Mag deinen Header sehr gern :-)

    Liebe Grüße
    Julia
    http://sinceamoment.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sehr gut gelungenes Bild. :)
    Sowas musste ich erst vor kurzem im Kunstunterricht machen, war aber nicht so meins. :D

    Liebste Grüße,
    Hannah. :)

    ReplyDelete